NKJ Luke 15:1-7
1. Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him.
2. And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, "This Man receives sinners and eats with them."
3. So He spoke this parable to them, saying:
4. "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave
the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?
5. "And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6. "And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them,
'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'
7. "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
We can learn a lesson about;
• -Jesus' Mercy, - The importance of each member.
• -Not to Judge others.
• - Saving the lost. - Distracted members.
• - Separated from the Lord's presence.
• - The dangers of the wilderness. - Friendship.
• - Repentance. - Unity, etc.
I want to talk about the ninety-nine sheep in the wilderness.
These ninety-nine were not lost, they were not distracted, they were not separated
from each other, but they remained together in unity, even more because the wilderness is a dangerous place.
These ninety-nine sheep represent the church Jesus built and the expectations for
church members living faithfully and in unity, a life bound to Jesus because
a branch separate from the vine is nothing, dies and is burned in fire.
Jesus said that the ninety-nine had no need of repentance.
They were united in the wilderness with all confidence, because one looks after another
to remain strong together, waiting for the One. Waiting for their Lord and Savior, He who is carrying the lost one.
They can see the joy of the Lord and they rejoiced with Him, welcoming without judgment but with compassion and love.
The lost sheep is no longer lost, but safe and belongs to the ninety-nine, becoming the hundredth sheep of the Lord again.
Are you secure? Are you lost? Or are you on the Lord's shoulders?
Print or save the outline from a PDF
Javier Villa, Minister
Sunday Morning 01/05/2020