Our song before the sermon this morning was "Standing on the Promises of God".
Since this song tells about the promises of God, we should not just sing
the song but agree with the message of the song as we sing it.
NKJ Colossians 1 :3-5
3. We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4. since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;
5. because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
I.- Three Things Paul knew about this faithful congregation.
a. Paul heard about their faith in Christ.
• They certainly knew that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
• Knowing that in Jesus' sacrifice, all things are made possible.
• They believed Jesus was resurrected from the dead.
b. Our Faith in Christ must be known.
• Preaching the gospel to our friends and family.
• When we read together
• When we pray together
• When we sing along
• Because together we will get stronger.
• It is impossible to please GOD without faith
II.- Paul knew of their love for all the saints;
a. Our faith produces endurance and love proves our faithfulness.
b. Because kindness is the learning result of a true disciple of Jesus.
c. Love is noticeable and can not be hidden.
• In our relationships with other members.
• Friendship and trust, unconditional love.
III.- He saw their hope for the promise of heaven.
a. Hope born in our hearts when we receive the promise of eternal life.
• In the gospel of Christ.
• When repentance come for the first time to our greatest decision in life.
• Hope produces perseverance.
• It's the key to happiness, and the reason of love.
Jesus promises and give us hope.
His promise does not stop in our baptism, but in heaven at His presence.
Print or save the outline from a PDF
Javier Villa, Minister
Sunday Morning 01/19/2020