NKJ Matthew 21:7-11
7. They brought the donkey and the colt, laid their clothes on them, and set Him on them.
8. And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road.
9. Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David!
'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!' Hosanna in the highest!"
7 Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their clothes on it, and He sat on it.
8 And many spread their clothes on the road, and others cut down leafy branches from the trees and spread them on the road.
9 Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
10 Blessed is the kingdom of our father David That comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”
12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ The King of Israel!”
14 Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written:
15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion; Behold, your King is coming, Sitting on a donkey’s colt.”
16 His disciples did not understand these things at first; but when Jesus was glorified,
then they remembered that these things were written about Him and that they had done these things to Him.
Jesus humbled, slowly coming to Jerusalem, the City of Peace.
-A prophecy about 500 years before Jesus.
NKJ Zechariah 9:9
"Rejoice greatly, 0 daughter of Zion! Shout, 0 daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
10. And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, "Who is this?"
• When the people heard the shout of the multitudes, they trembled.
11. So the multitudes said, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee."
-GOD has bigger plans than that.
Jesus was ready to deliver something more than just freeing them from the Romans,
something greater than a physical kingdom.
Jesus the Messiah, the King of kings, The Lord of lords, He's greater than the king of the Jews.
15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did,
and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant
16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read,
‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?”
Print or save the outline from a PDF
Javier Villa, Minister
Sunday Morning 03/08/2020