Job suffers all types of loss including servants, shepherds, animals; everything in one day with bad news coming one after another.
NKJ Job 1: 18-19
18. While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and daughters
were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house,
19 "and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the
four comers of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"
There are many lives affected by fires in our communities every year and it seems as if things are getting worse.
• Santa Ana Winds.
• Electric power outage of many days.
• Fires out of nowhere.
• Horses and other animals at risk.
• Houses burned to the ground.
• Fire fighters in hospitals and others risking their lives.
• Lives lost because they weren't able to be evacuated on time.
• Smoke in areas, causing respiratory problems with many people.
• School days canceled, students and teachers sick.
• And then we say, Lord when is this going to end?
What we read in Job's story helps us gain confidence in loss and in trials and tribulations,
knowing that he suffered many difficult situations in one day and never crumbled his faith.
NKJ Job 1: 20
Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
NKJ Habakkuk 3: 17-18
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
NKJ Ezra 9:9
"For we were slaves. Yet our God did not forsake us in our bondage; but He extended
mercy to us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to revive us, to repair the house of our God,
to rebuild its ruins, and to give us a wall in Judah and Jerusalem.
NKJ Job 1: 21-22
21 And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb. And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD."
22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.
Print or save the outline from a PDF
Javier Villa, Minister
Sunday Morning 10/28/2019